Making an appointment
Though making an appointment is not required, it is helpful to our staff if you make an appointment ahead of time, so that we can have content waiting for you and a work station set up for you upon your arrival.
Reserving microfilm readers
Microfilm readers can be reserved for three hour blocks per day of research.
Please reserve at least 24 hours in advance when possible.
Reading Room Responsibility
- No food or drink is allowed in the area. Smoking is prohibited.
- Tape recorders & cameras (cell phone camera’s included) cannot be used unless permission is granted.
- Archival materials do not circulate and cannot be placed on Reserve.
- Archival materials cannot be sent through interlibrary loan.
- Researchers are limited to one box at a time and can remove only one folder. Manuscript material should not be remove from its position within the file folder. Misfiled materials or irregularities should be reported to the staff.
- Do not make marks, erasures or any other changes in the documents. To mark a place in folders or books, use only clean paper sheets or strips.
- Restricted items & unprocessed collections may be consulted only with the permission of the Archivist or CEO.
- The use of pens is prohibited, but pencils are permitted.
Please arrive on time for your appointments or reservations. We require the lot and concession number and township for any research requests which pertain to property, land or house history. If your research is genealogy or family history related, please bring with you any information you have already compiled. Especially helpful are family trees, family lineage and confirmation of the township they lived in.
Updated on 2021-03-03T20:38:21+00:00, by .